EL TESTAMENTO DE UN EXCENTRICO
Best known for '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' and Around The World In Eighty Days, Jules Verne also authored a number of other popular novels, that made it onto the big screen, such as 'The Mysterious Island,' and 'Journey To The Centre Of The World.'
'El Testamento de un
excentrico' tells the story of the events that occurred after the death of William J. Hypperbone, a loner who nevertheless is a member of the Excentric Club , passionate about the game of goose, a native of Chicago and very wealthy.
- Lissy Wag: cashier , a simple young woman. She agrees to go to funerals at the insistence of her friend Jovita Foley and has a special interest in Max Real.
- Harris T Kymbale: journalist of the " Tribune " on one occasion have a duel with Commodore Urrican on a train.
- Hermann Titbury: usurer , miser, stingy, married and childless. It is always managed by Mrs. Titbury, who is just like him.
- Tom Crabbe: clumsy and bestial boxer . It is his representative , John Milner, who speaks and thinks for him. You could say that John Milner is the player, because Tom Crabbe is just the image.
- Max Real: painter, excited to travel, who has a lot of interest in Lissy Wag. He travels accompanied by his faithful servant Tommy.
The will itself indicates that it must be made public fifteen days after the death. After that time, it is read.
"The testament of an eccentric" ("Le Testament D'Un Excentrique") is a novel by the French writer Jules Verne published in the second series of the " Magazine of illustration and recreation " ("Magasin d'Education et de Récréation") from January 1 (volume 9, number 97) to the 15 of December of 1899 (volume 10, number 120), and as the whole book August 3 that year.
At the beginning of his literary work, Verne describes Americans as similar in character to the English . However, as his work progresses, he seems to distinguish one from the other, and presents the English as cold, conceited, rude and unfriendly; and to the Americans, as tough, ambitious, kind but with firm intentions, and feel in them the hope of the world, the best example of this being the novel Héctor Servadac . It is also interesting to see the story "Journey of a journalist in the XXIX century".
Jules Verne was the author of many adventure stories:
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
text Part 1, Part
Round the Moon (Extraordinary Voyages, #7)
Jules Verne is also known as the Father of Science Fiction
ZEWT ALORS - The
JULES VERNE LINKS & REFERENCE
This website is Copyright © 2021 Jameson Hunter Ltd